Killeen Home Buyer Expo
The Killeen Home Buyer Expo aims to provide information and resources that lead to successful homeownership. Current and prospective home owners are encouraged to attend to gain valuable insight on the entire process of owning a home—from buying, to maintaining, to selling. State agency representatives from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Texas Veterans Land Board, Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation and Texas Workforce will be available to provide information and answer questions. Local business representatives in the fields of real estate, mortgage lending, insurance, home inspection, remodeling and more will participate. The event is set for 10 a.m.-3 p.m. June 15 at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center.
Mayborn Science Theater reopens
The Mayborn Science Theater, located on the campus of Central Texas College, has reopened after undergoing a major renovation to upgrade its show capabilities and offerings. For more information, visit www.starsatnight.org.
Killeen Toastmasters invites area residents to attend its weekly meeting. The club meets every Friday from 12-1 p.m., at Logan’s Roadhouse restaurant, 3100 E. Central Texas Expressway. The event is free to the public. For more information, call 254-248-7735.
Lonestar Toastmasters invites area residents to attend its weekly meeting, The club meets every Tuesday from 7-8 p.m. at Texas A&M University Central Texas, 1001 Leadership Place. The event is free to the public. For more information, call 803-467-1127.
Pioneer Farmers Market
Pioneer Farmers Market offers high-quality, locally grown produce, farm-fresh eggs, local raw honey, homemade jams and jellies, baked goods, handmade crafts and jewelry. New vendors are always encouraged to join as space permits. The market is in front of Tractor Supply Company in Killeen, behind McAlister’s, near Hobby Lobby. It is open from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. every Saturday (weather permitting). To see what will be for sale at the market, or for more information, visit www.on.fb.me/1P9Dbl7.
Pool Party and Pooch Pool Paw-TY
Come enjoy a fun-filled bash to end the pool season at Harker Heights’ end of the season public pool Party and pooch pool Paw-TY Aug. 25.
Enjoy swimming, listening to DJ music and more. The public party is runs from 2:30-4:30 p.m. The pool will close and reopen from 5-7 p.m. for furry friends. All participants will be required to pay gate admission rates (pool passes not allowed during party/pawty hours). For more information, email email@example.com, or call 254-953-5465.
Harker Heights Farmers Market
Harker Heights Farmers Market offers fresh produce from local farmers from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Saturday at Seton Medical Center Harker Heights. For more information, visit http://www.ci.harker-heights.tx.us/index.php/programs-a-events/farmers-market.
4th of July PRCA Rodeo
The PRCA Rodeo is coming to Belton for the 4th of July weekend. The rodeo will begin at 7 p.m. July 4-6 at the Bell County Expo Center. Cost ranges from $15-21. A military discount will be given to anyone with military ID (active or retired), with four tickets per ID. Military Night is set for July 5. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2HHj0zk.
Market Days offers shoppers a chance to buy, sell and trade in downtown Belton. The event is 8 a.m.-5 p.m. every third Saturday of each month in historic downtown Belton on Central Avenue. Entertainment and food will also be provided.
Sauté, simmer, slice, bake, and blend to create delicious foods. Campers will create an assortment of dishes and desserts, as well as learn all about cooking at this cooking camp set for 9 a.m.-noon June 17-21 at Gober Party House in Temple.
Space is extremely limited. Cost is $75 per child. For more information, call 254-298-5474.
Elite Toastmasters meets at 6:30 p.m. every fourth Monday at Natural Grocers in Temple.
For more information about this event and Elite Toastmasters, visit the club’s website at https://elitetoastmasterstexas.toastmastersclubs.org.
Invention & Discovery Family Day
The Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum hosts a free Family day event from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month. Attendance to the event is free and open to the public. Regular admission charges apply to view the rest of the museum. The museum is located in the Santa Fe Depot at 315 W. Ave. B in downtown Temple. The museum is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. For more information, call 254-298-5172.
Cameron Park Zoo
The Cameron Park Zoo is hosting a series of upcoming events in Waco. These events include:
• June 21 — World Giraffe Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• June 23 — Pink Flamingo Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• July 2 — International Porcupine Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• July 15-20 — Coral Reef Awareness Week
• July 16 — World Snake Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 10 a.m.-noon.
• July 29 — International Tiger Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Aug. 4 — International Owl Awareness Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Aug. 10 — World Lion Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Aug. 12 — World Elephant Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Aug. 14 — World Lizard Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 10 a.m.-noon.
• Aug. 19 — International Orangutan Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Sept. 22 — World Rhino Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Croctober — Join us for keeper talks every Saturday in October at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Oct. 1 — International Raccoon Appreciation Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Oct. 19 — Brew at the Zoo: More information coming soon.
• Oct. 20 — International Sloth Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Oct. 21 — Reptile Awareness Day: Join us for keeper talks at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Oct. 26 — Lemur and Gibbon Day: Join us for keeper talks and activities from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
• Oct. 31 — Zoo Boo: Trick or treat throughout the Zoo. Enjoy themed areas and activities.
• Nov. 9 — H-E-B Zoo Stampede: Enjoy a family fun run through the Zoo and around the Brazos River. More information coming soon.
• Nov. 9 — Wildlife Wonderland: Join us for keeper talks and an animal art sale from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
For more information, visit http://www.cameronparkzoo.com.
Waco’s downtown farmers market is open from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every Saturday at 400 N. University Parks Dr. The market features local agricultural producers and artisan vendors from within 150 miles of Waco. Enjoy food, crafts, live music and more in downtown Waco.
For more information, visit www.wacodowntownfarmersmarket.com.
Central Texas Juneteenth
Juneteenth, also known as “Freedom Day,” or “Emancipation Day” is the oldest known African-American celebration commemorating the end of slavery. This annual event features a 2K walk/run, parade floats and entertainment and celebration at Rosewood Park. The event is set for June 15 at Martin Luther King Blvd. and Rosewood Park in Austin.
For more information, visit www.juneteenthcentraltexas.com.
Zilker Summer Musical
Pack a picnic and come enjoy the free, annual musical at the Zilker Hillside Theatre. The outdoor amphitheater will host performances of “The Little Mermaid” taking fans “under the sea” Thursdays through Sundays beginning around 8:15 p.m. from July 12-August 17 in Austin. For more information, visit www.zilker.org.