Fort Hood and the National Mounted Warfare Foundation will conduct an official groundbreaking ceremony for Phase I of the National Mounted Warrior Museum at 9:30 a.m. today.
The NMWM will be a state-of-the-art, 21st Century museum honoring the legacy of soldiers and units that have served on Fort Hood and the history of mounted combat in the United States Army. Both the 1st Cavalry Division Museum and the 3rd Cav. Regiment Museum will incorporate their collections into the NMWM.
The ceremony will take place in the vicinity of the new museum’s site, located between the Marvin Leath Visitors Center and the 1st Cavalry Division Horse Cavalry Detachment stables. Participants in the ceremony will observe the CDC’s guidelines for minimizing the spread of COVID-19. The event will also be livestreamed to reduce the spread of the virus.
Christmas tree lighting
III Corps and Fort Hood’s annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at 5:15 p.m. Dec. 3 in front of III Corps Headquarters to celebrate the holiday season.
Religious holiday events and times
The Fort Hood Chaplain’s Office has released their upcoming holiday events and times.
• First Sunday of Advent will be held at 9 a.m. Nov. 29 during the Roman Catholic Mass and Anglican, Lutheran, Episcopal Service.
• There will be a Roman Catholic Nativity Pageant at 4 p.m. Dec. 24.
• Christmas Family Mass will be held at 5 p.m. Dec. 24 at Spirit of Fort Hood Chapel.
• Community Christmas Eve Service will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 24 at Spirit of Fort Hood Chapel.
• A Candle Light Service will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 24 at Comanche Chapel.
• The Roman Catholic Christmas Day Mass will be held at 9 a.m. Dec. 25 at Spirit of Fort Hood Chapel.
For a complete listing, visit the Fort Hood Chaplain’s Office Facebook page at, facebook.com/FortHoodChaplain.