Standing watch over Fort Hood since 1942
TUESDAY, JUNE 18, 2013 04:56:58 PM
Construction continues on Hood Stadium as the bleachers begin to take shape Tuesday morning. The stadium, set to seat 5,500 people, is located behind the Clear Creek PX. The project is on target to be completed in the fall, according to Kristina Manning, chief, planning division, Fort Hood Directorate of Public Works. She said the hope is to host a high school football game Oct. 12. The new $13.5-million stadium project will include a permanent stage for festivals and performances. The complex will include fields for football, softball, soccer, and also includes an eight-lane track.
- No related articles found.
Popular Sports Articles
- Fort Hood Soldier readies for first fight under UFC contract
- Army Gold: Fort Hood represented on two gold-winning Army volleyball teams
- Former NFL great meets with wounded warriors; shares his story
- Warrior Transition Brigade veteran grabs gold at Warrior Games
- Post golf champion crowned
- WTB adaptive reconditioning program launched
- Hood Soldier drops UFC debut after ref stoppage in 3rd round
- III Corps Run
- Shoemaker holds NLI signing; Grey Wolf heads to West Point
- Setting sights on recovery. Fort Hood holds benefit golf scramble for West